The second round at Roland Garros begins on day four, on paper the majority of the matches look straightforward. However some of the results three days have shown us that anything can happen.
(1) Serena Williams vs. Garbine Muguruza
Serena will have her first test of the tournament when she takes on Spain's Garbine Muguruza. Despite the one-sided scoreline Serena was a little rusty in her opening round victory over Alize Lim. Muguruza snuck past Grace Min to set up a clash with the world number 1.
After a breakthrough start to the season Muguruza has dropped off considerably. There is however no pressure on Muguruza Coming into this match, everyone expects her to lose. In situations like this, on a big stage, I think the Spaniard is dangerous.
Serena dominated Muguruza in the their only previous meeting at the 2013 Australian Open. I certainly think Serena will win but it won't be easy..
Prediction: Serena Williams to defeat Garbine Muguruza 6-3 6-4
(8) Angelique Kerber vs. Varvara Lepchenko
This is perhaps the most interesting match of the day. Surprisingly Lepchenko has defeated the German in 4 of their 5 meetings. However all four of the victories came before Kerber shot up the rankings in 2012. Kerber won their most recent meeting which was at Roland Garros last season, in a tight three set battle.
Kerber has had some disappointing losses of late but she is a real fighter, she will be determined to win this match and turn that form around. Lepchenko is very unpredictable whilst Kerber is usually pretty solid. I think Kerber will win this one.
Prediction: Angelique Kerber to defeat Varvara Lepchenko 7-5 6-1
(29) Venus Williams to defeat Karolina Anna Schmiedlova in straight sets
(7) Maria Sharapova to defeat Tsventana Pironkova in straight sets
(1) Serena Williams to defeat Garbine Muguruza in straight sets
(20) Alize Cornet to defeat Taylor Townsend in three sets
(31) Daniela Hantuchova to defeat Claire Feuerstein in three sets
(3) Agnieszka Radwanska to defeat Karolina Pliskova in three sets
(8) Angelique Kerber to defeat Varvara Lepchenko in three sets
(19) Samantha Stosur to defeat Yvonne Meusburger in straight sets
(9) Dominika Cibulkova to defeat (Q) Tamira Paszek in straight sets
Mona Barthel to defeat (16) Sabine Lisicki in three sets
Ajla Tomljanovic to defeat (32) Elena Vesnina in three sets
Johanna Larsson to defeat (12) Flavia Pennetta
(18) Eugenie Bouchard to defeat Julia Goerges in straight sets
Monica Niculescu to defeat Paula Ormaechea in three sets