What information is collected?
The types of personal information we may collect from you include your name, address, post code, date of birth, phone number, email address, credit and debit card details, payment facility details, billing address, purchase and payment history, memberships and affiliations.
We may also collect information other than personal information when you access or use our website, including, your server or IP address, the pages you accessed, the documents you downloaded, the comments you posted, the website you came from and the type of browser you are using. This information may be collected passively from users of our website.
How do we collect your information?
WTAAddict may collect your information in a variety of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you use our website or otherwise submit personal information to us;
- indirectly from you, for example, through memberships, promotions, events, accreditations, activities, features, or resources we make available in connection with the services on our website
- from our service providers, suppliers, partners, state and commonwealth government; and
- from publicly available sources of information such as social media
How is my information used?
WTAAddict will generally only use your personal information for the primary purposes for which it was collected, which may include:
- to provide you with our online media and services
- to facilitate discussion about topical issues of relevance (in relation to any forum pages and comment postings), which will be publically visible under your consent
- to maintain our customer relations management database for the purposes of administering our website
- to improve our website, for example, planning, research, product development and customisation; to assess your application or entries for, and provide you with access to, applicable online media and services (for example betting advice);
- to communicate with you, including tips and responding to queries and feedback and providing you with information about our website that may be of interest to you (for example, through newsletters);
- to conduct marketing and promotional activities, including customised advertisements, trade promotions and competitions; and
- to process payments and otherwise facilitate our business operations.
We may also use your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, provided you would reasonably expect us to do so.
We also use information collected passively through our website to help us improve and customise your experience.
Who can my information be disclosed to?
WTAAddict may disclose your information to third parties if necessary for the purposes specified above or for other purposes that you consent to.
The third parties we may disclose your personal information to include:
- our service providers and suppliers used to support our website
- our business partners, advertisers, marketers and sponsors;
- our consultants and professional advisers; and
- state and commonwealth government and regulatory organisations.
We do not generally disclose personal information to third parties located outside of Australia. However, we may occasionally need to disclose your personal information to offshore recipients and you consent to such disclosure. We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that any offshore recipients handle your personal information in a manner that is consistent with Australian privacy laws. However, we do not control, nor accept liability for, the acts and omissions of these offshore recipients.
In addition, WTAAddict will contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for any breaches of privacy from these parties. This policy solely applies to WTAAddict only.
We may also disclose your personal information if required or authorised by law or if disclosure is necessary to protect or defend our, or a third party’s, rights or property, or prevent a threat to life, health or safety. If so, we will only disclose personal information that we are required to disclose, which may include your name and contact information. Any such disclosure may be without notice to you.
- Is my information secure?
WTAAddict stores information in both hard copy and electronic form in secure facilities or databases, accessible only by authorised persons.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted to us via the Internet.
- How can I access my information?
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access, update or correct the personal information WTAAddict holds about you. If at any time you would like to access, update or correct this personal information, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please visit the contact us page.
In order to access, update or correct your personal information, we may request that you provide us with proof of your identity. This is necessary to protect the privacy of others and prevent unauthorised access to, modification or disclosure of, personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days from your request. A reasonable fee may be charged for the cost of retrieval and supply of information where permitted under the Privacy Act.
If you have any questions, please contact us [hyperlink to the contact us page].